Spice up your dinner routine with this delicious Chicken Parmigiana recipe, featuring Lynora’s marinara sauce! The rich, authentic flavor of Lynora's sauce takes this classic dish to the next level.
* 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 cup Lynora's Marinara sauce
* 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
* 2 cups arugula (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, open breast up like a book and place between 2 plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or a rolling pin, pound until ⅓” thick. Then season with salt and pepper.
3. In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
4. In another shallow dish, beat the egg.
5. In a third shallow dish, add the breadcrumbs.
6. Coat each chicken breast in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip in the beaten eggs, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs onto the chicken to adhere.
7. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the breaded chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
8. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish. Spoon Lynora’s Marinara sauce over each chicken breast, then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
10. Serve the chicken hot, with arugula on the side if desire and enjoy!